Although players can access TFE using a standard telnet client, specialized MUD client software provides the best game play experience. The following desktop and web-based clients are recommended for use with TFE.
Mudlet – Recommended
- Modern, free, multi-platform (Windows, OSX, Linux) mud client
- Combined with a set of basic triggers this is a great way to play TFE!
- Supports GMCP – access information like your hitpoints via gmcp.Char.Vitals.hp
- Ye Olde Skool free client, ideal for Linux shell users, also runs on Windows and OSX.
- Simple in appearance yet powerful
- Web-based client – has the basics
- Supports some GMCP data – you’ll see gauges for hp, mv, etc.
- iOS client works on iPhone and iPad
- Android client